UPART is an online service dedicated to helping all learners and teachers to connect more effectively with one another. The personal data you choose to provide on this site is used to help you describe yourself to other users, and helps UPART provide its services.
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. (GDPR, Art 4., Definitions)
UPART respects your privacy and we want you to understand how we collect, store, use, and share your personal data. The policy also illustrates your rights to access, correct, restrict and/or delete your personal data that we have on you.
Data that we collect on you
UPART properties use automated ways of collecting your data, necessary to provide the products and services offered by us.
- Systems Data: Technical data about your computer or device, such as the IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types
- Usage Data: Courses created, live classes created, live classes and courses enrolments, attendance, revenue from the courses and classes and data on similar areas
- Cookies & Log Files:
- One type of cookie, known as a “persistent” cookie, is set once you have logged into your UPART account. The next time you visit the UPART web site, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing user and thus you need not login to use the service. In order to access or change any of your private information (like a credit card number), you must login with your password even if your computer contains your persistent cookie. Additionally, if you log out of the UPART site in any of your visits you will be prompted to input your password to log in to your UPART account. Another type of cookie, called a “session” cookie, is used to identify your particular visit to the UPART site. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser.
- Complying with the communication standards on the Internet, we automatically receive the URLs of the sites you previously surfed and moved on while your visit to UPART site. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help us improve the UPART service. The linkage between your IP address and your personal data is never shared with third-parties without your permission or except when required by law.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you:
- Sign-up on UPART
- Provide your information to contact us
- Sign-up on website pages hosted in www.UPART.club domain
- Login or Sign-up to other UPART Properties
- Browse through pages on UPART Properties
- Upload personal data on UPART Properties
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provide relevant and useful promotional offers related to UPART products
- Communicate periodically with you on email, sms and chat tools to respond to your queries, inform about the product updates, company newsletters, provide support and service
- Send information on relevant educational webinars over email and phone
- Process payments: UPART platform subscription, paid course enrolments
- Create reports on your courses
Who we share your personal data with?
UPART takes the privacy of its users very seriously. We never sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal data to any third party or parties for marketing or monetary purposes.
To provide necessary services, we only share this information with third party software application services who process your personal data with strict privacy constraints.
For instance, we use the services of a credit card processing company to bill our users for buying content. These third parties do not retain, share, or store this personal data or its part other than a purpose to provide these services and are bound by strict confidentiality agreements which limit their use of such information.
UPART’s v1 offers a “web profile” feature which allows users to publish portions of their UPART profile, including “name” and other personal data to the public Internet. Settings in the application allow you to publish or disable personal data the way you choose.
What are your rights?
You have several rights regarding the use of your data and it is your choice of what data you provide to us and how you want us to use your data. Having said that, UPART needs the certain specific type of information to enable you on the UPART platform and if you choose not to provide these information, UPART will be unable to render you our services.
You may choose to provide, update, restrict and/or delete your data and account on UPART. Many such actions are already automated in the UPART academy. For example, you can delete and update your live classes, your courses and course files directly from the academy. Other actions that you want to take on your data will be executed by UPART.
You may also choose to retrieve your personal data from UPART. Most of the data is present in your academy such as recorded videos and contact information. In specific cases, you may reach out to UPART as mentioned below.